Les Quennevais School HSPC Role
Description: To build a new Secondary School on a green field site for up to 825/850 pupils. The period indicated on the project programme for the construction period is estimated to be 122 weeks. It is anticipated that phasing of the works may be required and that these phases may require to be carried out concurrently. For example, the External Works and Playing Fields, the Energy Centre, the Sports Hall & Gym may constitute such phases.
IPM have chaired a designer's risk workshop with the client, professional team and Facilities management team. This was facilitated by using the interactive BIM model.
Tasks to be undertaken include:
- Advising the Client and designers on their duties under the Regulations and assist in implementation of the same where required.
- Review of the design information provided and advising on the avoidance / mitigation and the control of health and safety hazards associated with the same.
- Undertake an initial site inspection in order to identify any hazards which should be included in the Pre-Construction Information.
- Undertake a review of the design proposals with the design/project team in order to identify any hazards that should be included in the Pre-Construction Information and subsequently the Health and Safety File.
- Ensuring co-operation and co-ordination between design team members where relevant to health and safety issues.
- Development of a Pre-Construction Information Pack.
- Review and comment on the Principal Contractor's Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and arrangements for welfare provision prior to the commencement of works on site.
- Complete a Health and Safety File Summary document that summarises the health and safety issues associated with the project and any residual hazards.
IPM Limited are an Independent Project Management company based in the Channel Islands and offers public and private sector clients professional, unbiased personal and detailed attention for their infrastructure and property projects.
- Les Quennevais School
St. Brelades, Jersey
- Jersey Property Holdings
- Start Design:
- October 2016
- May 2019
- Project Value:
- SERVICES PROVIDED:
- Health & Safety Project Co-ordination Services
- For further information on this Project please Contact:
- David Mason
- T:01534 752752